Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionLooking for an Agile Coach in the St. Louis area that can help drive Agile principles and best practices. Will be responsible for implementing, reviewing, and improving Agile processes and driving the overall Agile approach and culture within our organization. The Agile Coach will giving advice to improve best practices and help teams develop their Agile skills. They will be responsible for helping teams implement Agile development, helping teams embrace an Agile environment and the benefits associated with this sort of culture, removing impediments to agile adoption, and carrying out overall Agile coaching. We utilize a mix of the various frameworks of Agile, including Scrum, XP, DevOps, and Lean.
- Serves as the senior member of a cross-functional project team consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units.
- Effectively deals with evolving and competing objectives and possess a mastery of project management tools.
- Plans, prioritizes, manages a medium to large project or team and exceed client expectations (scope, schedule, costs, risks).
- Brings high visibility and transparency into the team’s progress.
- Develops communication management plans, performs stakeholders analysis, identifies risks and take necessary actions including escalation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information systems.
- Influences team members, peers and stakeholders to meet the objectives of the project.
- Manages and resolves conflicts within the team.
- Analyzes operational impact of customer requests, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements.
- Manages all phases of risks management, including risk planning, identification, responses and remediation.
- Performs contingency planning.
- Leads, facilitates and possesses interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team dynamic.
- Demonstrates proven experience in running projects using lean/agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrates servant leader qualities for leading the team.
- Empowers the team to be self-organizing.
- Empowers the team and stakeholders to make decisions.
- Measures and reports progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Demonstrates knowledge in Agile Requirements Gathering methods, Story identification, breakdown and estimation techniques.
- Conducts coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming, Daily Standup etc.
- Plays a key role in coaching and assisting Product Owners in prioritization, 3-Amigo Reviews and other PO activities.
- Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Creates and maintains WBS, RACI, Stakeholder Register and detailed Project Management plan.
- Manages dependencies across projects.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis.
General Job Information
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/3/2019
Date Requisition Created4/3/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCSM - Certified Scrum Master - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of project management experience including a strong working knowledge of Agile project management practices.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you