Job DescriptionApplies a consultative approach to maintain partnerships with SBU HR and Business leaders to build organizational capability through the development of solutions that address root causes to workplace issues. This includes identifying trends and designing mediation strategies such as training recommendations to address those trends.
- Provides coaching and feedback to leaders and individual contributors to enhance the ongoing effectiveness of leadership activities, work group dynamics and key performance outcomes.
- Actively promotes and drives shift from traditional HR support models to less bureaucratic, more efficient models and processes that place accountability with leaders to actively manager their talent while balancing the need for Enterprise-wide consistency in the areas of policy application and employment law.
- Provides advice and policy interpretation to managers and employees and is responsible for overall employee relations (ER) case management. Counsels employees and leaders on individual issues and conducts complex and senior level investigations.
- Utilizes appropriate tools and resources (e.g., Time Reporting, Performance Management, Human Resources Management System (HRMS), Shared Knowledge base, etc.) to provide guidance in identifying and resolving employee issues
- Investigates, prepares and responds to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department Of Labor (DOL) legal responses.
- Demonstrate continuous learning mindset to ensure Magellan’s Employee Relations team applies contemporary process improvements and technology advancements.
- Remains current on industry trends through peer networking, online communities and independent research in support of the HR strategy. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Applies a systematic, systemic approach to identify, diagnose, and provide key interventions and solutions through active listening and critical thinking.
- Uses metrics and analytics, in partnership with HR Business Consultants, to continuously improve the work environment, including process improvement and policy effectiveness.
- Approaches work with creativity and adaptability to maintain best-in-class solutions that improve the employee experience and helps develop leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Employee Engagement Consultant
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/17/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationBachelors: Human Resources (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredPHR - Professional Human Resources - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMinimum 3 years employee relations experienceCalifornia employment law experience is a plus.- Applicable experiences in innovative ER approaches, risk management and policy interpretation and application are preferred. - Must be well organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests. - Excellent analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills are essential. - Ability to interact well with all organizational levels. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential. - Ability to work independently and as part of a team. - Integrity - maintains confidentiality at all times. - Excellent presentation skills required. - Experience with providing HR Generalist support across multiple states.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More