Job DescriptionResponsible for building a strategic and innovative proposal center of excellence to support the enterprise. This individual will design and lead the development, implementation and execution of an improved RFP sales proposal processes and provide strategic business counsel to senior leadership across the enterprise. Responsible for overall leadership of the sales proposal team in support of the organizations growth and business development strategy.
- Guides the executive leadership team in setting the strategic direction for proposal management. Defines, establishes, communicates and disseminates a strategic proposal development plan to meet objectives for short- and long term growth opportunities.
- Responsible for strategic development and oversight of the proposal center of excellence. Establish all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and other regulatory requirements. Critically evaluates overall operations, service delivery and win/ loss record. Implements practices to improve efficiency and win record across the enterprise.
- Oversees the proposal management staff who directs all aspects of the proposal life cycle including establishing strategic direction, coordinating proposal schedules, and developing content, and executing milestones.
- Implements best practices to ensure all schedules and deadlines are met.
- Participates in competitive proposal analysis process. Analyzes and reviews bid requirements presented by the proposal managers to help determine strategic approach to produce content that is compliant and will produce a winning proposal.
- Establishes, maintains and monitors project scope, difficulty and duration. Sets team objectives and goals. Develops schedules and assigns tasks. Anticipates and adjusts for problems or roadblocks. Looks towards continual process improvement techniques to streamline tasks while providing the best quality product in a high volume organization.
- Reviews, develops and establishes department policies and practices. Manages the proposal development staff and ensure delivery of the highest quality products. Implements best business practices to ensure team evolves and remains competitive. Responsible for managing department staff including hiring and termination decisions, performance evaluation, coaching, mentoring and succession planning.
- Prepares department objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information Identify and assess new techniques, processes or technologies to determine potential value for the company.
- Participates in monthly new business rhythm and presents metrics on ongoing proposals and year-to-date metrics.
- Manages funds allotted by SVP Business Development on each pursuit and overall enterprise budget.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Public Sector Procurement
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/16/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of related experience working on proposal development in both public and private sector and proven experience defining strategy, developing content and production of public sector proposals to successfully generate new and expanded business.
- 5+ years of experience managing staff.
- Experience must include creating concise, complete, accurate compelling and quality proposals that meet high standards, are timely and achieve the desired outcome.
- Demonstrated success in developing high quality, concise, accurate, winning public sector proposals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions and levels within the company.
- Exceptional writing, editing and strategic skills.
- Ability to understand and address government customer issues and highlight the company's capabilities and expertise to create compelling solutions.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you