Performs application architecture and design, development and maintenance programming, technology tool assessments, and associated tasks for application systems, including integrated software and hardware application configurations. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks. Performs as an expert technical resource to clients and development staff in all phases of major system and subsystem development, implementation and post-implementation processes. Acts as subject matter expert on IT technical and process capabilities.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Performs and may direct software coding, testing, debugging, documentation and installation tasks for on-line and batch processes in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Analyze business processes in order to define application functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Guides, formulates, and contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participates in and may direct problem definition and problem resolution activities.
- Coordinates with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g., database development, job scheduling, CICS support, network support, help desk orientation, client implementation readiness, etc.).
- Conduct client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in client committees and may coordinate client involvement in development and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to staff. May review technical work of staff.
- May provide on-call support. May coordinate on-call response efforts as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleLead Software Engineer (Java)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/17/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years designing, building and deploying software in IT.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you