Director of Analytics
District of Columbia, Kentucky
Job DescriptionLeads and manages a team responsible for data acquisition, data management and data integrity, reporting and business process analysis. Manages and maintains a comprehensive information resource, ensuring consistency and integrity of data. Oversees collection and reporting of complex, related information. Interprets data, including statistical values, and provides advice and consultation regarding implications. Makes recommendations for adjustments. Conducts needs assessments, designs and creates databases and other tools, and participates in testing and implementation of new applications and/or enhancements and modifications to existing systems. Implements new business intelligence toolsets, including analytics dashboards and another server-based business intelligence products.
- Develops and designs policies, procedures and standards for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information for input into computer and retrieval from computer, utilizing knowledge of symbolic language, optical or pattern recognition, database construction, and retrieval methods. Develops metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked. Develops specifications for data capture and input; monitors input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data, including data imports from vendors and other sources. Addresses inquiries, problems, or complaints regarding the availability or quality of data and support provided. Develops, proposes and implements all initiatives and systems to maintain data integrity. Assists with audit specifications and programming requirements as necessary. Prepares reports and statistics regarding data quality and analysis services provided.
- Aligns business intelligence technologies with strategic initiatives, ensuring best practices, tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data collection and analytics. Stays abreast of BI products and tools and of business strategies and direction, researches best practices. Evaluates internal and external customer data needs and abilities to develop BI solutions. Conducts analyses of functional business processes and requirements and develops business requirements for design of solutions.
- Leads projects in identification, selection and implementation of business intelligence databases and toolsets, including data warehouse, dashboards, and other tools. Leads direction for the planning, designing and execution of testing efforts. Analyzes test results to ensure solution meets business needs. Provides support to test teams.
- Analyzes and interprets data to identify issues and recommend appropriate methods to supervisor to decide and resolve, develop and implement predictive models.
General Job Information
TitleDirector of Analytics
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/16/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Short- and long-range strategic aspects of program planning and implementation;
Tracking and reporting progress toward the achievement of strategic goals; identify and overcome potential
barriers to success.
Analytics and performance related tasks.
Creation of a formal performance management framework that would offer approaches that use measurement improvement components of the program, supported by robust evaluation and data analytics.
Advanced data analytics via data mining, modeling, forecasting, and advanced statistical methods.
Analysis to identify gaps and emerging areas for the program.
Technology, research, and measuring of program effectiveness to include; reviewing objectives, recommend evaluation criteria, collecting data, synthesizing data, drafting reports, and support in implementation of results.
Leverage private sector public and private sector data and information by utilizing employment digital efforts.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with the practical uses and applications of healthcare data.
- Bachelor's degree in computer info science, statistics, mathematics, or similar.
- Ability to translate business-driven data needs to technical data/programming team.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data/ideas to all levels of management.
- Experience manipulating large data sets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and expertise with a variety of analytical and database software and tools, including Excel, Access, statistical analysis and forecasting programs (e.g., SPSS, SAS) and presentation software; expertise in SQL-based queries and SQL report writing.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, interpreting and synthesizing complex data sets and producing highly readable, informative reports tailored to the needs of diverse audiences, including non-technical users.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.