PHCoE Outreach Communications Consultant
Silver Spring MD 20910
Job DescriptionPerforms and manages any and all tasks and activities required to inform military communities about DCoE?s (Defense Centers of Excellence) services and motivate target audiences to engage in these services. Manages complex, cutting edge, high-quality, competitive, customized, multi-media marketing communication strategies, writing and tactical support for a variety of military personnel and military family audiences.
- Partners and coordinates with governmental and non-governmental organizations to promote services.
- Serves as a contact for all conferences. Coordinates and promotes conferences. Provides presentation support, and manages exhibit and related staffing for all events, conferences and Yellow Ribbons. Provides logistics memos and after-action reporting. Follows up with any contacts made at events, conferences and Yellow Ribbons.
- Provides outreach to military treatment facilities. Coordinates site-visits and training, video conferencing, reporting, and inventory management.
- Identifies and works with subject experts to obtain accurate insight as it relates to content at hand.
- Supervises and oversees proper usage of DCoE brand, logo and brand attributes in all print and electronic materials.
- Separately reviews and edits DCoE marketing communications materials created by internal subject experts.
- Manages inventory budget, tracking, ordering, and purchasing systems.
- Manages and coordinates on-line material ordering website.
General Job Information
TitlePHCoE Outreach Communications Consultant
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/8/2019
Date Requisition Created2/8/2019
EducationBachelors: Marketing (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredSecret Security Clearance - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities8+ years military communications experience. At least one year experience working in a DoD or VA health-related setting. Equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable. Minimum of 5 years of experience presenting and disseminating information about TBI and psychological health in the military and writing about these topics; strong research methods and data analytic skills.Extensive understanding Military culture and protocol with Military experience or significant experience working in a Military service environment are required. Position may require up to 50% travel. Bachelors degree in marketing related field, Graphic Design or closely related area. Must be U.S. citizen. Experience in writing about military psychological health and TBI for the lay audience as demonstrated by serving as the author or editor of a published book or other similar major work for the general market. Experience marketing and communicating with the veterans, military, and disability communities. Ability to communicate rapidly and succinctly verbally and in writing to respond to requests from military leadership, constituent groups, the media, Congress, and the Executive Branch. Familiarity with the NGO's, VSO's, academic community, disability groups, and their leadership with pre-established contacts and relationships with these groups and their members. Understanding of the veterans, military, and disability communities with an appreciation of each community's respective culture, language, and communications. Ability to develop and deliver information briefs and present information accurately and succinctly to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders. Ability to utilize technology to support marketing activities. Skill in assessing marketing and technology needs to accomplish goals and objectives, evaluate program results and effectiveness, and recommend and/or implement solutions for improvement. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish sound working relationships with military, veteran, and civilian community agencies and organizations. This will include the ability to develop and sustain relationships across agencies; ability to work collaboratively inside/outside DCoE on a variety of projects/programs/initiatives. Must be able to stand for several hours. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. Superior writing, editing, analytical and proofreading skills are essential, including experience in writing for marketing communications ? both traditional and new and cutting edge mediums and solid experience in writing for different audiences. Experience in planning and implementing social media campaigns. Strong command of the English language. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and to supervise others. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and .PDF applications. Advanced web-based communication skills required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.