Senior Transition Specialist, IMCOM
OCONUS - Grafenwoehr, Germany
Job DescriptionThe Senior Transition Specialist (STS) provides first-line leadership and supervision of Transition Specialists (TS) at the Main TC and Satellite TC within the designated TC region. Provides indoctrination and technical training to new employees and facilitates continuous cross-training to continuously enhance the skills of multi-functional TSs. Allocates resources to support satellite sites and may travel to provide surge support at satellite sites, train new employees, provide backfill during employee absences, and deliver briefings such as the Quarterly Pre-retirement Briefing and monthly Pre-separation Briefing and CSB REDUX briefing. Ensures that all office equipment is operational and that sufficient supplies are on hand to conduct operations. Installs standardized metrics to facilitate collection of workload and performance data used to measure site performance against PWS timeliness and accuracy standards. Reports performance execution results to the PM during the monthly status reporting cycle. Provides input to the PM concerning client satisfaction and employee performance. Reports any negative client comments to the PM and drafts responses to address those issues.
• Executes a wide variety of complex technical tasks associated with release from active duty, discharge, retirement, or physical disability separation of Army Soldiers stationed in Europe and other remote locations.
• Maintains liaison with other community service providers, including MPD, Central Processing Facility, Physical Evaluation Liaison Officers (PEBLOs), finance and legal offices, and medical and dental treatment facilities.
• Coordinates directly with serviced units and the military chain of command as needed, including handling of short-notice adverse separations (chapters).
• Identifies transitioning Soldiers from multiple sources; participates in Pre-separation, Pre-retirement, and CSB REDUX briefings; determines eligibility for separation pay; audits military personnel records; performs service computations; interviews soldiers; and prepares separation documents (transition orders, DD Form 214 worksheet, final DD Form 214, and miscellaneous certificates).
• Conducts desk-side SBP counseling with retiring Soldiers and spouses and administers SBP elections. Issues the U.S. flag to retirees and assists with command retirement ceremonies as needed.
• Consolidates transition documents for disposition and shipment to multiple agencies, maintains administrative office files, and collects workload and performance data to support the Monthly Status Report.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Transition Specialist, IMCOM
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/12/2019
Date Requisition Created4/12/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
• Requires at least six years of experience in the supervision of military personnel operations at the Personnel Service Battalion level or in Central Processing Facilities or Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in the supervision of military personnel operations.
• Must have knowledge of military personnel automation systems and personal computer operation.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of military personnel operations, including public laws and Department of Defense (DoD) and Army governing directives concerning benefits and entitlements, retirement application processing and SBP counseling, transition documentation, automated HR systems (Transition Processing [TRANSPROC] III, Electronic Military Personnel Office [eMILPO], Total Officer Personnel Management Information System [TOPMIS], USAREUR Community Automation System [UCAS], etc.), Interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management (iPERMS) upload procedures, orders log administration, identification cards and passports, medical processing, CSB REDUX administration, and U.S. Army Reserve and Army National Guard retention contracting procedures.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.