Manager, Clinical Care Services
Albuquerque NM 87113
Job DescriptionResponsible for the management, direct supervision and coordination of clinical and/or nonclinical management staff, including utilization management and intensive care management staff, providing expertise in designated programs.
This position is located onsite in New Mexico.
- Assists clinical management in the development and on-going management of designated staff.
- Performs care management review activities consistent with Magellan policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conducts recruitment, interviewing, and selection of properly qualified staff members and ensures appropriate orientation is provided.
- Regularly monitors the performance of care management staff. Monitors adherence to the efficiency goals for all staff including case volume, case closure rates, average handle time and other metrics.
- Supervises care management staff through approved audit processes including performing annual reviews and provides counseling and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Coordinates quality improvement activities under the direction of clinical management.
- Assists management in the development of strategic and operational goals and plans.
- Assists management in the identification and coordination of the necessary clinical and client service training needs.
- Analyzes specific utilization problems, plans and implements solutions that directly influence quality of care and cost efficiency.
- Supervises the collection of pertinent clinical information while maintaining a good rapport and relationship with providers.
- Licensure: LPCC, LMSW, LISCW, or LMHC and 5 years post degree experience in a direct care clinical setting and 1 year direct supervisory experience required
General Job Information
TitleManager, Clinical Care Services
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/9/2019
Date Requisition Created4/9/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing, Masters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredBCBA - Board Certified Behavior Analyst - Care Mgmt, Current licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, PC - Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Associates level degree in mental health or related field.
- 5 years post degree experience in a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member, analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement care coordination solutions while maintaining a good rapport and relationship with mental health and substance abuse providers.
- Considerable skill in interpreting clinical records, treatment information and making appropriate referral and triage decisions.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”