Active Component/Reserve Component Accessions Support Specialist, GSEP
Fort Knox KY 40160 Fed 1600 Spearhead Div Ave
Job DescriptionServes as Help Desk Specialist for supporting Reserve Component Career Counselors (RCCCs) (Transition Counselors and GSEP Coordinators), thru administrative support, counseling and coordination with individuals and agencies as required. Ensures that transition Active Component (AC) Soldiers receive accurate information, administrative functions/services, and eligibility criteria for transition into the ARNG and USAR IAW Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Army (DA) guidance and NGB policies.
- Serves as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for ARNG and USAR RCCCs and Transition Counselors.
- Provides guidance to Transition Counselors and GSEP Coordinators, including systems access to supporting automated systems.
- Tracks and assists all customer initiated Help Desk support requests and issues through resolution.
- Processes RCCC and Transition Counselor System Access Requests for standard automated systems including RETAIN, iPerms, MEDPROS, and eMILPO.
- Utilizes the Automated Unit Vacancy System (AVUS) and the Director’s Personnel Readiness Overview as needed.
- Identifies systemic issues in RETAIN that adversely affect the RCCC mission and recommends solutions to resolve identified issues.
- Develops Weekly production report using RETAIN, Monthly Accessions Report using KEYSTONE, RETAIN and MRE and bi-annual DA G1 report using FMS Web, Keystone MRE and RETAIN.
- Conducts weekly transition briefings and Question and Answer sessions that describe features and benefits of ARNG service with remote Active Component Soldiers groups.
General Job Information
TitleHelp Desk Specialist, GSEP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/15/2019
Date Requisition Created3/15/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university,
- 2 years of management experience.
- Must have been awarded an Army 79 series.
- Successfully completed the Reserve Component Transition Counselor (RCTC) course (MOS additional skill identifier 4R).
- Documented experience utilizing the Army Reenlistment, Reclassification, Reserve Component Assignment and Information Management System - RETAIN) from a previous 79 series duty position
- Documented experience utilizing Microsoft Office suite to include Access database, Excel and PowerPoint.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.