Manager, Medical Economics - Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn NY 11201
Job DescriptionPrimary responsibilities consist of analyzing the business impact on care costs ranging from medical action plans, product development, program evaluation, population management, and general sales proof points/ROI for public sector business unit. Responsible for the measurement, presentation, and communication of care cost results for entire medical spend through the development and maintenance of appropriate reporting tools and infrastructure. Apply sound financial/analytic skills to perform care cost analyses to promote information-based decision-making in support of key business objectives.
- Oversees the organization and reporting of medical care cost results, including the design and development of reporting tools to efficiently measure, monitor, and communicate care results, and support the identification of care cost risks and opportunities.
- Provides behavioral health care cost analytic capacity in support of strategic business unit objectives.
- Applies sound, quantitative, problem-solving analytics to address and/or resolve relevant care cost issues as needed.
- Proactively identifies and communicates key results.
- Manages analytic workflow interface with the strategic business unit.
- Supports the development of new products, new models of care, and population cohort management, e.g., Medicaid expansion.
- Develops ROI models to show value of new programs and models of care.
- Provides expertise and support on proper aggregation and normalization of Medicaid medical and pharmacy datasets.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships within the organization including actuarial, underwriting, clinical operations, and healthcare informatics, in addition to the Magellan Healthcare strategic business unit.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Medical Economics - Brooklyn, NY
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/7/2018
Date Requisition Created12/7/2018
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the practical uses and applications of healthcare data.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business-driven data needs into technical data/programming approach including proper aggregation and normalization of medical and pharmacy data.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data/ideas to all levels of management.
- Experience manipulating large data sets.
- Medicaid knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SQL, BI, COGNOS preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.