Job DescriptionApplies advanced multi-media design and development skill to create engaging learning and development, and communication/marketing materials using key technologies. Acts as Consultant to Talent Development team and internal partners, applying digital mindset and expertise to support effective use of learning technology, making design, development, implementation and evaluation recommendations to maximize resources and talent development impact. Proactively manages projects and programs to support the overall effectiveness of the Talent Development team. Demonstrates continuous learning mindset to ensure Magellan’s Learning and Development team applies the latest technology advancements. Consistently acts with a customer-oriented mindset to collaborate effectively with a variety of internal and external key stakeholders, balancing technology expertise with emotional intelligence.
- Applies advanced multi-media design and development skill to create engaging learning and development, and communication/marketing materials using key technologies (e.g., Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Creative Suite/Captivate/Dreamweaver, Vyond, Zoom, Movavi, iMovie, GarageBand):
- Graphic design- image design and editing; text and image page layouts
- Video/audio creation and editing- live/recorded footage, animation, podcast, webcast
- Web/Learning Management System page designs and layouts
- Focus on most effective end user experience in virtual and print solutions
- Communication and marketing with an emphasis on social media integration
- Instructional design and eLearning development for adult learners
- Acts as Consultant to Talent Development team and internal partners, applying digital mindset and expertise to support effective use of learning technology (Zoom, Saba, Movavi, Vyond, SurveyGizmo,etc.), making design, development, implementation and evaluation recommendations to maximize resources and talent development impact.
- Applies a systematic, systemic approach to identify, diagnose, and provide key multi-media interventions and solutions
- Prioritizes the use of technology to maximize the end-user experience in a virtual environment
- Brainstorms creative possibilities to engage a wide variety of audiences across the organization using available resources
- Proactively manages projects and programs to support the overall effectiveness of the Talent Development team:
- Takes initiative and ownership to prioritize work and collaborate with key partners
- Consistently monitors progress and assesses the effectiveness of solutions against key metrics
- Develops and implements stimulating marketing and communication campaigns and materials to drive engagement with learning and development initiatives in both print and virtual environments
- Demonstrates continuous learning mindset to ensure Magellan’s Learning and Development team applies the latest technology advancements by:
- Remaining current on industry trends, existing vendor updates and product releases, and new external opportunities for partnership through peer networking, online communities, and independent research to regularly recommend strategy enhancements
- Quickly and independently learning and growing skill and expertise in new products and functionality to implement new recommendations
- Consistently act with a customer-oriented mindset to collaborate effectively with a variety of internal and external key stakeholders, balancing technology expertise with emotional intelligence to:
- Partner with HR Talent Development Leadership and team to create, drive and implement Talent/Learning and technology strategy
- Provide timely, clear and concise response to partners, customers and team members, with an ability to adapt approach based on audience, focused on a positive customer experience
- Works to ensure deadlines are met, and proactively identifies and escalates potential issues in time to avoid delays/impacts to project.
General Job Information
TitleMulti Media Learning & Development Consultant - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/13/2019
Date Requisition Created3/13/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of experience Graphic Design, Learning Technology, Web design, Communications/Marketing, Education, ISD, Program Management or related field.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Learning/Instructional Technology, Graphic Design, Instructional System Design (ISD), Communications, Marketing, Program Management or related field.
- Proven success in talent management, learning and development, change management, organization development.
- Project and/or program management expertise, with ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a broad section of leadership, from senior management to front-line employees.
- Display a keen ability to translate vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven digital citizen. Ability to learn and adapt quickly, with an emphasis on leveraging technology in all aspects of work.
- Basic understanding of web design (e.g., HTML5)
- Ability to produce multi-media resources.
- Graphic design education/experience.
- Video creation and editing education/experience.
- Key competencies: Results Orientation, Personal Accountability, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Personal Credibility, Adaptability, Fostering Innovation, Effective Communication, Forward Thinking.
- Exceptional PC skills, especially Office 365. Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS), e-learning authoring tools.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of time.
- Knowledge of operating systems and browsers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More