Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Self-Directed Personal Care Registered Nurse who live in Rock County (preferred) or eastern Green County, Wisconsin.
Self-Directed Personal Care RN's are responsible for providing self-directed personal care nursing services to IRIS participants including, but not limited to, those services specific to participation in the 1915j Self-Directed Medicaid Personal Care Program. This role is responsible for administering the Wisconsin Personal Care Screening Tool; creating personal care, person-centered plans of care called My Cares; managing a caseload of participants called a My Cares Group (MCG), providing education and training for all program participants and care providers and documenting activities and services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides assessments and oversight to the My Cares Groups by administering the Wisconsin Personal Care Screening Tool and addendums as required.
- Documents assessment as required by individual tool and Department of Health Services policies and by completing oversight visits and calls as required.
- Oversees a My Cares Group of participants, develops individual plans of care, ensures physician orders for care are obtained and reviews and revises plans of care as needed.
- Complies with all Department of Health Services policies and TMG SDPC Guidelines, procedures and practices along with documentation and program regulations.
- Provides training to participants or care providers as requested and provides educational materials as needed.
- Tracks departmental requests, provides reports and summaries, develops documents, participates in discussions and problem solving regarding program development and implementation.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSelf-Directed Personal Care Registered Nurse - Rock County
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/9/2019
Date Requisition Created4/9/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Possess and maintain an unrestricted Wisconsin RN Licensure. Company will verify unrestricted RN licensure on the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services online database prior to hire and at least every two years thereafter, in alignment with the timeframe for licensure renewal. RNs will be required to immediately report to company any sanctions, restrictions, or revocations at the time they become aware of such. RNs are to maintain licensure and to provide company with updated licensure every two years as required by the State of Wisconsin.
- One year of home care nursing experience serving individuals with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities or the elderly.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database operation/maintenance skills and data entry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required and the ability to adapt communication styles to fit situation.
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to manage tasks independently.
- Flexibility in the work environment and willingness and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain adequate auto insurance for job-related travel, and ability to travel within Wisconsin and other states as necessary.
- Experience providing care through the Wisconsin Medicaid Personal Care Program.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”