Health Plan President, MCC Florida
Orlando FL 32819
Job DescriptionThis leadership position has responsibility for fiscal (> $500M), operational, legislative, regulatory and human resources. This position is responsible for setting and aligning strategy in a highly matrixed environment to ensure business objectives are met. Ensure the team is aligned with Magellan’s core vision, mission, and values creating a culture of accountability, execution, quality, compliance, profitable growth and innovation.
- Health Plan Leadership/Strategy: Demonstrated experience creating and leading high performing matrix teams to achieve goals, create bench strength and ensure long term growth objectives.
- Develops the strategy, business plan, conducts periodic reviews/assessments and develops interventions as needed.
- Manages Regulatory Requirements and Ensure State Contract Compliance: Develops and manages key State and legislative relationships. Ensures contract requirements are being met, reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner, participate in rate setting discussions
- Manages Other Key Stakeholder Relationships: This may include representatives of provider, public, and community based organizations specifically those focused on serving specific complex populations such as SMI and LTC cohorts.
- Experience Meeting/Exceeding Annual Operating Objectives: Responsible for Plan’s performance management, administrative (SGA and capital) and medical expense budgets including improvement activities. Responsible for growth, revenue, cost of care, operating gain, quality results and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Knowledge of and Participate in Health Plan Operations: Establishes effective programs and processes across all functional areas to remediate issues, implement new programs and ensure high satisfaction of members, providers and State customers including but not limited to:
- Healthcare services (medical and pharmacy management, population health programs)
- Quality (HEDIS, NCQA, etc.)
- Provider network (contracting, servicing, pricing strategy)
- Marketing/community relations (growth)
- Attends and acts as a thought leader in national meetings where the company`s product and services are a focus. Establishes the company as a thought leader in this space to help set policy.
- Promotes Magellan`s mission, vision and culture: Support staff through skill development and performance management.
General Job Information
TitleHealth Plan President, MCC Florida
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/4/2019
Date Requisition Created4/4/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years experience in healthcare with a clinical and/or operations management focus. 8+ years management level experience in the managed healthcare industry required.
- Thorough knowledge of managed healthcare principles and call center operations.
- Understands financial and quantitative information and has ability to manage operations within budgets.
- Ability to identify problems, recognize symptoms and causes.
- Establish and implement solutions.
- Ability to develop effective teams, resolve conflicts and build collaboration among all levels in the organization.
- Achieve organizational goals through development of effective teams.
- Motivate and empower others to attain personal and team goals.
- Proven negotiation skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.