Facilities Coordinator - Cambridge, MA
Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionIdentifies problems with facilities in terms of functioning and appearance and presents potential solutions. Coordinates building maintenance and repair with the landlords. Performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, dry wall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling facilities. Coordinates assignment of and implementation of work spaces.
- Responsible for Office Supply Inventory and keeping office supply areas stocked.
- Performs general maintenance.
- Delivers large packages.
- Coordinates and sets up work spaces for employees.
- Sets up and maintains meeting space.
- Acts as contact for employees, landlord and vendors regarding building maintenance issues.
- Assists with wiring cubicles, disassembling and installing of cubes.
- Assists with HVAC maintenance.
- Tests fire suppression as necessary.
- Assists during building emergencies.
- Maintains an organized key system for all locations.
- Repairs/replaces door locks as needed.
- Monitors parking at facilities.
- Travels to all offices as needed.
- Responsible for issuing and tracking external building entry key passes as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleFacilities Coordinator - Cambridge, MA
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/12/2019
Date Requisition Created3/5/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Basic knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical.
- Knowledge of preparing walls and refinishing.
- Thorough knowledge of proper safety techniques and procedures.
- A combination trade school and on the job experience required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and the public.
- Demonstrated initiative and decision-making skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and be flexible.
- Skilled in use of variety of hand tools.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
- Normal or corrected hearing to the level of ability to receive detailed information verbally and to accurately understand normal conversations, both in person and on the telephone.
- This position involves frequent physical activity including sitting, standing, walking and normal physical mobility, including reaching, grabbing lifting, and carrying objects, averaging up to approximately 50 pounds in weight.
- Work environment may occasionally be loud.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.