Senior Manager Actuarial Services
Avon CT 06001
Job DescriptionSupports all actuarial work required for one or more of the company's health plans, including rate adequacy, claims reserving, cost of care forecasting and planning. Works closely and collaboratively with cross-functional local health plan team. Provides insights to Actuarial team and key stakeholders regarding the interpretation of emerging care cost results and operates in a fast-paced, small team environment. Directly involved in providing actuarial support and requires strong analytic and data manipulation skills, and the ability to build as well as maintaining complex cost modeling tools. ASA designation or equivalent experience required.
- Provides Actuarial market support for one or more of the company's full-risk managed health plan programs.
- Supports all actuarial activities in regards to monthly financial close process.
- Develops appropriate reserves for all care expense liabilities.
- Actively assists Actuarial team, and local and corporate leadership in the interpretation of emerging care expense results.
- Collaborates in designing and implementing processes for the ongoing improvement of forecasted medical expenses.
- Provides pricing analytics supporting state and/or federal governing agency engagement on rate setting issues.
- Manages actuarial aspects of required health plan regulatory reporting.
- Collaborates and/or performs medical cost analyses as needed.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Manager Actuarial Services
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/4/2019
Date Requisition Created4/4/2019
EducationBachelors: Actuarial Science (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredASA-Associate of Society of Actuaries - Enterprise
License and Certifications - PreferredFSA - Fellow of the Society of Actuaries - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation preferred.
- Experience working in comprehensive managed health care plan environment preferred
- Experience working in Managed Medicaid and/or Medicare plan preferred.
- Experience with data manipulation tools (Access/SQL/SAS or similar) preferred, but not required.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation required,.
- 7+ years of relevant actuarial experience; FSA exam performance and completions will be considered in combination with experience.
- 3+ years of management experience or demonstrated leadership and influence skills.
- Strong analytics and hands-on data manipulation skills.
- Strong spreadsheet skills required.
- Ability to manage/maintain complex analytical models.
- Ability to effectively apply independent data validation to work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities with moderate degree of independence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you