Job DescriptionDesign, document, develop and roll out financial, clinical and utilization analyses using a variety of computing tools (e.g., SQL, Excel). Perform ad hoc analyses that will vary in duration and complexity - it will be expected that the candidate can balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of quality. This position has the responsibility to participate and/or lead in defining the issues to be studied as well as the methodology to be used in addressing these issues. Experience with medical data required.
- Performs exploratory data analysis and data mining of healthcare claims and authorizations data.
- Designs, documents, develops and rolls out financial, clinical and utilization analyses using a variety of computing tools (e.g. SQL, Excel).
- Performs ad hoc analyses that will vary in duration and complexity.
- Participated in defining issues to be studied as well as the methodology to be used in addressing these issues.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current project's progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Coordinates/mentors analytic efforts performed by in- house staff or outside consultants to ensure that all work is completed according to the project plan.
- Interprets results and preparation of data findings in easily understandable format for varying levels of the organization.
General Job Information
TitleHealthcare Informatics Analyst - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/4/2019
Date Requisition Created3/31/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities1-3 years of transact-SQL (MS SQL or Oracle) experienceUnderstanding of CPT and ICD-9 codes preferred; strong oral and written communication skills; and interest in healthcare and a passion to make a difference; effective listening and communication skills; ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. Ability to work under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret results of query analyses. Ability to develop and communicate analytic results to support business questions; must be capable of translating complex IT and computer concepts to unfamiliar users of the information at the executive level.Experience working with normalized and denormalized data structures; experience with SAS, SPSS and/or other data mining tools. Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to complex business problems. Experience with healthcare medical and pharmacy claims data manipulation and analysis
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”