Job DescriptionWe are looking for candidates who will work remotely and live in the St. Petersburg, FL area. This is a 9-month, part-time (20 hours/week) position.
Peer Specialist Apprentice, work under the guidance of a Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) that is a Certified Peer Recovery Specialists (CPRS). Serves as an advocate and role model who shares coping skills and provides recovery and resiliency related information. Performs a wide range of tasks to assist and support people in directing their own lives and their personal recovery process. The ideal candidate is working towards becoming a CPRS through the state certification board, and working toward full-time Peer Specialist employment in community based agencies.
- Works in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge to complete the qualification towards becoming a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist.
- Provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services by performing tasks designed to assist members in navigating multiple systems and regaining control over their lives through individual recovery planning and wellness self-management.
- Assists in identifying members’ recovery goals to help members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and supports to assist members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning, and facilitating a Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and Peer Support Whole Health and Resiliency (PSWHR) as needed based on member’s choice.
- Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with individuals.
- Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
- Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
- Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings and levels of care.
- Links members to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
- After completion of training, manages a roster of members independently under the guidance of management.
- Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleRecovery Support Navigator Apprentice
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/15/2018
Date Requisition Created10/12/2018
EducationAssociates, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other
License and Certifications - PreferredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Must have a vehicle in good, working condition with the ability to travel within the field regularly.
- Must be working towards the completion of becoming a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS) and have completed the foundational 40 hours of CRPS certification training.
- Must be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services. Comfortable and able to discuss your condition, to live independently in the community, and to offer helpful tools and resources personally used.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and document findings in electronic health record.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, smartphone use and other technology functions.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”