Senior Deltek Business Analyst
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionSeeking a Senior Deltek Business Analyst involved in the day-to-day support of the Deltek Enterprise Suite. The Deltek Enterprise Suite currently consists of Deltek’s Costpoint, Time & Expense with ESS (T&E), Cognos . The primary focus of this role will focus on supporting Costpoint, T&E and Cognos. This position has a tremendous growth opportunity for the right person, to learn about the leading software used in the government contracting industry. You will serve as a functional and technical point of contact in support of Finance functional feads and subject matter experts to consult, design and implement holistic end-to-end solutions that enable improved business processes and capabilities. You will share your expertise and mentor a junior analyst. Additionally, you will integrate with business leaders to understand business direction and provide a pro-active, creative and consultative approach to problem solving, new and innovative solutions while managing customer expectations and priorities through disciplined task/project management activities.
- Setting up new users and distributing login information.
- Make adjustments to the access for existing users based on requests received.
- Monitor the Helpdesk tickets and perform level 1-2 troubleshooting.
- Tracking and recording hot fixes as well as enhancement updates received from Deltek.
- Meeting with Report requestors to document the needs for requests being made.
- Monitor all Deltek Enterprise scheduled activities and troubleshoot any issues encountered.
- Escalate tier 2 and 3 issues to team members for advanced troubleshooting.
- Submit and monitor Deltek Enterprise issues submitted to the Deltek support site for resolution.
- Monitor the status of the Deltek Enterprise license counts, tasks, departmental user flow.
- Create and submit monthly metrics/statistics to the Enterprise Director regarding Deltek Enterprise performance.
- Monitor termination reports received and deactivate users in the system in accordance with the current policy.
- Provide guidance, training and support on core functionality in Costpoint and T&E 9x.
- Participate in hot fix/patch testing.
- Create basic reports and adhoc queries in Cognos 10.2.x.
- Work with Workday Business Analysts to rectify any issues with data flow between systems.
- Identifies impact of solutions on existing and future systems. May perform operational activities.
- Creates and maintains standard related reports to support operational and development needs.
- Manages reporting and requests.
- Manages small to medium sized projects, system enhancements impacting data management.
- Conducts root cause analyses, gathering data to pinpoint problem areas on which to focus, validating that the analysis is data driven, recommending and implementing solutions and evaluating those results, and implementing controls to monitor consistent use of the solution.
- Other Deltek Enterprise related duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Deltek Business Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/3/2019
Date Requisition Created3/27/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working with Deltek Costpoint Core modules.
- 2 Plus yrs. experience using Cognos Query Studio and Report Studio.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Deltek Time & Expense with ESS.
- Knowledge of Processing Payroll and Leave in Costpoint a plus.
- College degree, vocational, or technical training school, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have an understanding of Deltek’s Costpoint and Time and Expense applications core structures and functionality.
- Must be comfortable working directly with system users.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Analytical/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong PC background, efficient in using standard software.
- Must be able to Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently in a medium/high stress environment.
- Must be able to mentor and train others when necessary.
- Must understand the nature of the government contracting industry, and communicate within it effectively.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.