OCONUS - Kaierslautern, Germany
Job DescriptionThe Transition Specialist (TS) works under the supervision of the STS and executes a wide variety of complex technical tasks associated with release from active duty, discharge, retirement, or physical disability separation of Army Soldiers stationed in Europe and other remote locations. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of military personnel operations, including public laws and Department of Defense (DoD) and Army governing directives concerning benefits and entitlements, retirement application processing and SBP counseling, transition documentation, automated HR systems (Transition Processing [TRANSPROC] III, Electronic Military Personnel Office [eMILPO], Total Officer Personnel Management Information System [TOPMIS], USAREUR Community Automation System [UCAS], etc.), Interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management (iPERMS) upload procedures, orders log administration, identification cards and passports, medical processing, CSB REDUX administration, and U.S. Army Reserve and Army National Guard retention contracting procedures.
- Maintains liaison with other community service providers, including MPD, Central Processing Facility, Physical Evaluation Liaison Officers (PEBLOs), finance and legal offices, and medical and dental treatment facilities.
- Coordinates directly with serviced units and the military chain of command as needed, including handling of short-notice adverse separations (chapters).
- Identifies transitioning Soldiers from multiple sources; participates in Pre-separation, Pre-retirement, and CSB REDUX briefings; determines eligibility for separation pay; audits military personnel records; performs service computations; interviews soldiers; and prepares separation documents (transition orders, DD Form 214 worksheet, final DD Form 214, and miscellaneous certificates).
- Conducts desk-side SBP counseling with retiring Soldiers and spouses and administers SBP elections. Issues the U.S. flag to retirees and assists with command retirement ceremonies as needed.
- Consolidates transition documents for disposition and shipment to multiple agencies, maintains administrative office files, and collects workload and performance data to support the Monthly Status Report.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/28/2019
Date Requisition Created3/28/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Associates (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Requires at least two years of experience in military personnel service support (PSS), or Associate of Arts degree combined with one year of experience.
- Must have knowledge of military personnel automation systems and personal computer operation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.