MEMBER OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE
Springfield MA 01103 191 Chestnut Street Suite 3C
Job DescriptionThis position works in conjunction with the department management and works closely with the territory staff to support ongoing enrollment within key growth targets. Responsible for assisting with the ground-level activity needs associated with implementing growth strategies both in the community and in institutional settings.
- Participates in scheduled development discussions with Marketing department management and helps identify follow up items and timelines for strategy implementation.
- Schedules field time to follow up with individual growth targets on items needed to support strategy implementation, including: collateral distribution and education, reinforcement of messaging, troubleshooting, fact finding/problem solving and in conjunction with other team members, fosters relationships on a ground level with key growth targets.
- Assists by providing information and answers to all questions from potential members regarding benefits, rights and responsibilities, and plan operations.
- Meets and reviews monthly sales-related goals and objectives with managers and team.
- Completes all required documentation, lead entry and activity reporting.
- Coordinates and relays information as designated by manager to staff related to the pre-enrollment process.
- Employs lead generation and follow up according to company standards, pursue lead generation and follow through to writing of application as needed.
- Expands and maintains knowledge of changes to Medicare and Medicaid regulations and the impact on daily operations.
- Self-reports any potential violations of federal, state or company regulations and guidelines.
- Identifies and works with team to organize community outreach activities to spread awareness of coverage option(s).
- Fosters relationships on a ground level with key growth targets.
- Communicates salient issues to necessary and appropriate contacts, both internally and externally, as needed.
- Ensures time is managed and enrollments are completed as required.
General Job Information
TitleMEMBER OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/27/2019
Date Requisition Created3/27/2019
EducationBachelors, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other, LAH - Life, Accident and Health Insurance, Valid In State - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 3 years of Medicare and/or Medicaid enrollment experience.
- Valid State Life, Accident & Health insurance licensure. Must obtain license within 3 months from hire date.
- Proven experience and success in serving ongoing customer needs as a retention strategy.
- Proven track record of success selling within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement for sales performance (goal oriented).
- Understands the needs and dynamics of elder care services and disadvantaged populations.
- Highly motivated with strong initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with keen ability to do follow-up.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 90% in the field.
- Reliable transportation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you