Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionThis role is responsible to work collaboratively with internal business leaders to capture business requirements, provide market analysis, develop negotiation strategies and manage the subcontracting process in order to deliver best in class value to the organization. As an individual contributor, this position will be responsible to communicate with internal stakeholders as well as direct communication and negotiations with partners, subcontractors and consultants in order to execute market competitive subcontracts that minimize risk for the organization and its customers. A key responsibility is to utilize procurement best practices to achieve the best value from the supply chain.
- Builds strong relationships with internal business owners to understand product & service requirements in order to develop & execute subcontracts.
- Prepares vendor agreements and related documents, including reviewing Prime contract terms and conditions and ensuring their proper flowdown, facilitation and/or support of negotiations and execution of contact documents within assigned business areas/categories.
- Uses a risk-based approach to develop negotiation strategies and subcontract language.
- Supports the vendor due diligence and evaluation process.
- Obtains proper approvals from Legal, Compliance, IT, Security, the requesting business area and any other internal stakeholders as may be warranted for each contract.
- Acts as the liaison between Legal, internal business units and the vendor representative.
- Provides expert consultation and advice regarding subcontract language requirements, contracting policy and procedures, resolution of contract issues and administration of contract documents.
- Provides assistance with new vendor implementations and transitions, ensuring terms of the subcontract are met.
- Proactively monitors and manages expiring subcontracts to ensure subcontracts are renewed or terminated as desired by the business owner.
- Builds and maintains external subcontractor relationships for key vendors.
- Responsible for development and document maintenance of all vendor related material.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost savings/avoidance in order to achieve personal goals.
- Coordinates and interfaces with Program Management on matters of business and contractual nature, such as monitoring payment milestones and invoicing status, addressing performance issues, and/or limitations of funding.
- Maintains contractual documentation and file set-up information including subcontract agreements, modifications, task/delivery orders, funding status, invoicing status, representations/certifications, supplier qualifications, and correspondence. Process and set-up subcontracts, modifications, etc. through Company's approval and set-up Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
General Job Information
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/27/2019
Date Requisition Created3/26/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters: Supply Chain Management
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCFCM - Certified Federal Contract Manager - Enterprise, CPM - Certified Purchasing Manager - Enterprise, CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Master's degree in business preferred.
- C.P.M. or C.P.S.M. desired.
- 7+ years of Purchasing experience.
- 5+ years of vendor contracting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business-related field required.
- A combination of education and work experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of legal contract language and proven contract negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service and business partnership skills
- Excellent, communication/facilitation, consultation, training and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses and geographies.
- Ability to identify barriers and elevate issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including advanced level Word and Excel; intermediate level PowerPoint
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.