Data and Reporting Analyst
Madison WI 53703 1 South Pinckney St
Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst to provide data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting, and decision management tool design and development. Responsible for interfacing with IT to ensure utilization and effective use of IT sponsored tools. Provide basic programming and technical skills to support data management and reporting requirements.
- Works with designated department to assess, define, and develop report deliverables to meet internal and customer requirements.
- Designs appropriate data repository and reporting tools that will be used to organize, analyze, and report data.
- Queries databases to extract information needed to develop reports.
- Compiles data and other information from multiple data sources.
- Supports the development of standard reports.
- Interprets, analyzes and provides recommendations regarding data accuracy and data collection needs and processes.
- Works with business unit(s) to identify opportunities to enhance existing and to develop new data information processes and tools.
- Continuously assesses and improves data collection and reporting processes.
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects.
- Assists staff members with more complex and detailed projects including root cause analyses, trended reporting and analyses which support continuous quality improvement leading to actionable information.
- Participates and supports staff training related to data collection and reporting.
General Job Information
TitleData and Reporting Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/27/2019
Date Requisition Created3/27/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Database management.
- Exposure to web based or mobile application development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics or related field.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.