Business Intelligence Specialist
Job DescriptionAnalyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other information objects. The primary focus of the job deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Creates database tables and cubes utilizing academic methodology (normal forms) ensuring business smart resource allocation
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization.
- Analyzes, designs and builds reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Designs user interfaces and dashboards using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and .net architecture
- Establishes standards.
- Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Monitors ETL schedules and develops new ETLs to support new application and dashboard/information delivery
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology.
- Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I..
- Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Responsible for large scale SQL development that drives cubes and information exchange for decision support applications and BI dashboards
- Interviews teams and organizational leads to develop business process design maps to support new BI projects
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/17/2019
Date Requisition Created1/15/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prior experience using data warehousing and/or ETL technologies.
- Demonstrated abilities in various forms of data modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- Prior experience working with data and reports for decision making or analytical purposes.
- Experience working with end users and customers, preferably with training and demonstrating solution capabilities.
- Experience implementing new technological solutions in a business setting.
- Prefer experience using multiple databases or data platforms and business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization tools.
- Master Data Management, Data Stewardship, or Data Governance experience.
- Experience with business operations systems, particularly those that may be in use in a Pharmacy Benefit Management setting (Claims Processing, Prior Authorization, Telephony, Membership, etc.).
Consideration will be given as to the candidate's proficiency and ability to contribute in the role based upon the following:
- Professional/related publications written and/or contributed to
- Contributions to Blogs
- Technical certifications such as those offered by SAS, IBM, Microsoft
- Disciplinary certifications such as Scrum, Project Management Institute (PMI), Business Analysis
A bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer and information sciences or similar is required. Will substitute an additional five or more years of direct experience in business intelligence, data analytics or statistics in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2+ years of work experience in BI or related discipline, other employment or volunteer activities or demonstrated proficiency in Business Intelligence/Analytics project activities through successful initiatives that demonstrate competence that goes beyond what is typical of individuals with 2+ years of work experience.
Prior experience as a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst or Data Analyst supporting business intelligence, reporting, analytics or data warehouse projects.
Experience researching and implementing new information systems in a business setting.
Demonstrated ability to leverage Business Intelligence and data visualization tools to deliver business value; examples include, Cognos, SAS, R, Qlik, OracleBI and SQL Server Reporting Services/PowerBI, Micros Strategy, Tableau, etc.
Hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.