Job DescriptionProvides overall management of designated client accounts which will include clinical functions such as approving treatment. Responsible for ensuring the account is profitable, exceeding targets and is retained.
• Partners with Magellan departments to ensure all aspects of the client’s requirements are exceeded.
• Performs daily operation-specific duties that directly relate to the products and/or services assigned.
• Develops and maintains multi-level relationships within client organizations which includes maintaining contract requirements.
Communicates and updates account service information to appropriate internal staff.
• Makes presentations to the professional community in order to enhance the visibility and image of the company.
• Provides high level consultation to customers, including fiscal management support.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the company's products and services, and how multiple products and services are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
Maintains in-depth knowledge of client organization.
• Understands about the company's business and operational decisions to predict impacts on customer.
• Supports the account’s Care Manager as needed to ensure proper coverage.
Authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and/or outpatient care settings.
Collects and analyzes utilization data. Assists with discharge planning, FUH 7 and 30 days HEDIS requirement, and care coordination.
Provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues.
Participates in special quality improvement projects as well as clinical ICT meetings.
General Job Information
TitleAccount Manager II, Clinical - Onsite Fort Lauderdal, FL
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/12/2019
Date Requisition Created3/25/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Social Work (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Minimum of 2 years experience in clinical/healthcare preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Bachelors Degree in Social
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- CEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care
- LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker
- LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure
Minimum of 5 years experience in Health Plans
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you