VP, IT Service Owner
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionVP, Information Technology
Looking for experienced App Dev Leaders at the VP level in the Richmond, VA area. This VP, IT needs to be a strong people leader and self starters. Candidates should have experience with agile / devops, any PBM experience a plus, but not required.
This position will lead our Core Platforms organization, responsible for 24/7 claims processing, rebates, interfaces, financial systems and other technologies and services core to our business. The successful candidate will have the following capabilities:
* Ability to balance operational stability and innovation needs of the organization
* Able to set, breakdown and execute the vision, strategic priorities, roadmaps and projects
* Run 24x7 IT Operations for core business systems that have performance guarantees and SLAs
* In-depth knowledge of PBM industry
* Understanding of Healthcare data exchange EDI standards such as NCPDP, HL7, FHIR, X12, and others
* Deep technical expertise on application development, data integration, cloud computing, SAAS, and PAAS platforms
* Proven track record of creating, growing and leading a group of leaders and technologists
* Experience in transforming teams to improve business agility, deliver incremental outcomes, and continuously improve
* Able to lead by influence in a matrix organization
* Expertise in organization design, development, and transformation
This person will be responsible for leading and developing the overall technical vision. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating an implementation strategy to accomplish that vision. This position requires broad technical and analytical experience, as well as strong interpersonal leadership skills. This leader works directly with customers to ensure that business needs are met.
- Leads changes and enhancements to business processes, policies, and IT systems.
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Directs and manages technical staff through the SDLC process of: analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Selects and builds strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Directs the development of tactical and strategic plans to satisfy technical business needs.
- Directs the development of project cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manage budgets, plans and expenses; will have cost center responsibilities.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions as needed; manage vendor relationships.
- Participates in internal and external health industry development efforts.
- Shares best practices throughout the organization.
General Job Information
TitleVP, IT Service Owner
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/22/2019
Date Requisition Created3/21/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications:?Education:? BA/BS or Master s degree in Computer Science, Business or computer related field.Experience:? Demonstrated experience in computer systems and at least 5 years experience in technical staff management.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:? Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Ability to work and lead staff in a team-oriented environment.Extensive experience in working as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups.Knowledgeable in the use and implementation of SDLC methodologies.Proven ability to facilitate meetings.Minimum Requirements:Education: ?BA/BS.Field of Study:? Computer Science, Business, or Mathematics.Experience:? More than 8 years.Industry:? Healthcare, technology.An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you