Regional Coordinator, RCP
Fort Campbell KY 42223 Fed1 2601 Indiana Ave
Job DescriptionProvide support for the Employment and Education Initiative (E2I) and Operation Warfighter Program (OWF) for the Department of Defense Recovery Coordination Program (RCP). Function as the Regional Coordinator for E2I/OWF to match RSMs skills with education and employment opportunities and facilitate internship placement of Recovering Service Members (RSMs) with participating federal agencies. This individual will be based at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
- Coordinates with education resources to assist RSMs with targeted educational opportunities both during and post-transition
- Coordinates with employment resources to assist in post-internship job placements for RSMs not returning to duty
- Assists the Military Services to ensure the WII SM has an advocate and mentor through the end-to-end employment process
- Documents RSM’s progress using a DOD automation tool (DoD CMS), keeping a record of the tasks performed and the ones that still need to be accomplished
- Develops individualized development plans for RSMs and identify training and certification opportunities to fill gaps in skills
- Identifies career opportunities with employing organizations to determine qualifications and requirements
- Conducts outreaches to regional and local Veterans Affairs, Federal Government, the private sector and educational institutions, ensuring a foundation for seamless RSM’s transition
- Coordinates regularly with the Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment, the Army Wounded Warrior Program, the Air Force Wounded Warrior Program, and the Navy Safe Harbor Program to identify appropriate candidates for OWF at a regional level
- Serves as the liaison between RSMs and participating federal agencies to coordinate OWF placements including:
- Matching resumes of OWF candidates with vacant internship positions identified by participating employers.
- Distributing resumes of candidates to employers;
- Uploading resumes into the OWF resume database; and,
- Updating this database to accurately reflect all current candidates seeking placement
- Performs regional outreach to federal agencies that are both participating and/or interested in participating in OWF. This includes briefing incoming employers on the steps required to get engaged in the program.
- Interfaces with WCP staff, Recovery Care Coordinators, and Transition Assistance Program representatives to conduct appropriate awareness training on E2I/OWF.
- Coordinates client satisfaction reports for OWF placements by conducting periodic performance evaluations as well as exit interviews with participating employers and RSMs.
- Captures and reports the regional reporting metrics for the E2I/OWF Programs.
General Job Information
TitleRegional Coordinator, RCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/21/2019
Date Requisition Created3/21/2019
EducationBachelors, High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Specialized experience working with RSMs. Demonstrate understanding, sensitivity, passion, and empathy in assisting the transition of these Service members.
- Knowledge of veteran employment and training programs and policies.
- Working knowledge of family dynamics, local community resources, and federal and state laws pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Proficiency in oral, and written communication skills.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled