Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Screening Specialist who resides in Dane County, Wisconsin, with preference to candidates who live in the Madison area.
This position is responsible for completing the Adult Long-Term Care Functional Screens (LTC-FS) for participants of the IRIS program. This includes completing annual rescreens and any change in condition screens using the Adult LTC-FS tool. This role is also responsible for tracking screening requests electronically and participating in the development, process improvement and ongoing quality management of the services provided. This position requires travel throughout the state of Wisconsin.
- Complete the Adult Long Term Care Functional Screen (LTC-FS) for IRIS participants as required and outlined in the Wisconsin Adult LTC-FS Instructions. This includes completing collateral contacts to verify screen findings with IRIS Consultants, MAPC agencies and day programs and verifying diagnosis information with physicians and or SSA.
- Comply with documentation and program regulations, guidelines and meet screening quota.
- Maintain screening skills by participating in weekly team meetings, monthly All Screener Meetings, quizzes and testing.
- Collaborate on the development, process improvement and ongoing quality management of services and related materials/ products.
- Provide data reports and summaries as needed.-Other duties as assigned by management.
General Job Information
TitleScreening Specialist - Dane County
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/27/2019
Date Requisition Created2/26/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other
License and Certifications - PreferredLTCFS - Long Term Care Functional Screen Certification - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in a health or human services or related field.
- Must pass the Wisconsin Adult Long-term Care Functional Screen certification modules (80% or higher on each module) within first week of hire and maintain certification as a screener. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently certified or who have been certified in the past.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with one of the three target groups served by IRIS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively as part of a team or autonomously.
- Flexibility in the work environment and willingness and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain adequate auto insurance for job-related travel and ability to travel within Wisconsin and other states as necessary.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other software.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”