Military Adaptive Sports Coach Manager
Arlington VA 22202 Fed4 2345 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionAssist the Military Adaptive Sports team with management of qualified coaches for recovering Services members to improve the recovery process and quality of life.
- Assists in selecting and coordinating appropriate, effective and efficient adapted sports and recreation coaches for recovering Services member activity.
- Assumes coaching roles. Coaching roles can be but are not limited too: venue managers, adaptive sports and recreation subject matter experts, scorers, announcers, time clock and score board operators, turn and start officials, lane officials, and recorders.
- Assists in coordinating coaching travel according to guidelines, standards of practice and professionalism to multiple Military installations throughout the US.
- Demonstrates ability to provide coaches that are appropriate to the population being served.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with coaching staff, senior military and community leadership as well as activity participants.
- Identifies community resources to provide support and augment the program.
General Job Information
TitleMilitary Adaptive Sports Coach Manager
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/19/2019
Date Requisition Created3/19/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Previous active duty military experience or experience working with Service members or veterans preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or five years of appropriate experience in the management of programs with diverse populations.
- Preference will be given to degrees in the areas of sport management, recreation, adaptive physical education, therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Experience working with individuals with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) desired.
- Experience working with individuals that require sporting equipment modifications to participate in physical activity.
- Willingness, ability and experience participating and programming in various adaptive sporting activities Examples include Archery, Cycling, Rowing, Track and Field, Sitting volleyball, Swimming and Wheelchair basketball.
- Ability to work at the Headquarters Program level.
- Ability to manage multiple activity schedules simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with independent contractors and make the appropriate registrations and travel arrangements.
- Demonstrated quality communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proficient in operating Microsoft office products especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a complex system involving individuals with diverse levels of experience, skills and abilities.
- Self-starter who can help develop and implement a program with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the year (up to 50% travel).
- Understanding of Military protocols.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled