Business Intelligence Specialist - Remote Opportunity
Job DescriptionDelivers against business intelligence objectives including creating and contributing to various facets of information delivery and data analytics projects. Expectations include analyzing, designing, and developing business intelligence and analytics solutions in a timely manner and according to provided specifications.
- Analyzes, Designs and builds reports, dashboards or other business intelligence components under the guidance of Business Intelligence Leads.
- Responsible for development initiatives that may drive the creation of new data assets or information exchange in support of business needs.
- Creates and/or guides the creation of database tables, objects, assets and/or cubes utilizing commonly accepted methodologies and best practices for dimensional modeling and normal forms. Assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Trains and mentors user communities on use of business intelligence/analytical tools, such as self-service capabilities and standard report packages. May lead efforts to create curriculum to improve user adoption.
- Ensures adherence to standards and best practices within all development activities.
- Collaborates with other developers on the application of standards and best practices and contributes to the evolution of best practices and standards aimed at improving scalability, performance and maintainability.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization technologies.
- Considers the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and return on investment.
- Takes into account the technology changes that have taken place over the years and helps project the trends for the future.
- May participate in training/mentoring peer programming staff on use of newly acquired/adopted technologies.
- As part of the business intelligence and analytics project portfolio, creates process design maps and/or high level scope or requirements documents that may be needed to initiate new development efforts which may come from conducting interviews with various stakeholders across the organization to study feasibility of supporting the needs with existing data and tools capabilities.
- Able to design, create and maintain metadata layers between physical data structures to provide easy to understand and accurate information quickly to users within the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence Specialist - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/19/2019
Date Requisition Created3/14/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Bachelors: Statistics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer and information sciences or similar is required. Will substitute an additional five or more years of direct experience in business intelligence, data analytics or statistics in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2+ years of work experience in BI or related discipline, other employment or volunteer activities or demonstrated proficiency in Business Intelligence/Analytics project activities through successful initiatives that demonstrate competence that goes beyond what is typical of individuals with 2+ years of work experience.
Prior experience as a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst or Data Analyst supporting business intelligence, reporting, analytics or data warehouse projects.
Experience researching and implementing new information systems in a business setting.
Demonstrated ability to leverage Business Intelligence and data visualization tools to deliver business value; examples include, Cognos, SAS, R, Qlik, OracleBI and SQL Server Reporting Services/PowerBI, Micros Strategy, Tableau, etc.
Hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
- Prior experience using data warehousing and/or ETL technologies.
- Demonstrated abilities in various forms of data modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- Prior experience working with data and reports for decision making or analytical purposes.
- Experience working with end users and customers, preferably with training and demonstrating solution capabilities.
- Experience implementing new technological solutions in a business setting.
- Prefer experience using multiple databases or data platforms and business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization tools.
- Master Data Management, Data Stewardship, or Data Governance experience.
- Experience with business operations systems, particularly those that may be in use in a Pharmacy Benefit Management setting (Claims Processing, Prior Authorization, Telephony, Membership, etc.).
Consideration will be given as to the candidate's proficiency and ability to contribute in the role based upon the following:
- Professional/related publications written and/or contributed to
- Contributions to Blogs
- Technical certifications such as those offered by SAS, IBM, Microsoft
- Disciplinary certifications such as Scrum, Project Management Institute (PMI), Business Analysis
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled