HR Business Consultant
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionHR point-of-contact for a major subsidiary of Magellan Health delivering services to the US military community. In this role you will be key contributor within a team of HR professionals supporting approximately 1500 employees, worldwide. Operating as the Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC)/Magellan Federal, we are seeking a highly motivated, independent contributor to support business operations. This position will work out of the AFSC/Magellan Federal office in Arlington, Virginia.
* Serves as business partner in support of HR and management issues with employees and managers;
* Support company customer service objectives by applying a working knowledge of HR policies and processes, federal and state labor laws, performance management and employee relations;
* Plan and execute investigations and resolution of concerns. Meets with management to discuss possible action steps to resolve employee relations issues;
* Maintains essential documentation needed to support performance management decisions;
* Works with Magellan HR SMEs to propose new employee programs mandated by contract requirements;
* Partners with management in order to implement HR policies and procedures by specific contract;
* Drafts employee communications and statements of position;
* Participates in company training and orientation programs by presenting prepared material to management staff and employees;
* Analyzes employee needs and development areas, then works with management staff to develop and implement;
* Supports HR initiatives such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, onboarding/offboarding, incumbent captures, etc.;
* Administer collective bargaining agreements; and
* Support compensation administration programs by preparing job descriptions and mapping labor categories to Service Contract Act Directory of Occupations.
General Job Information
TitleHR Business Consultant
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/25/2019
Date Requisition Created2/25/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredSPHR - Senior Professional in Human Resources - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Experience with Workday a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as an HR Business Consultant.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage at all levels in the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record in all aspects of strategic HR capital management.
- Strong technology skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies quickly.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Experience with specialized federal contracting policy to include Service Contract Act.
Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adapt style based on the message and audience. Provide policy expertise and consultation and support the development of policy documents and collateral.
Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven company, while maintaining quality and consistency with work produce.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More