Director, Finance - Remote Opportunity
Job DescriptionGuides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. Provides status of financial condition of the company and/or SBU by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisers, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks. Arranges for audits as required and appropriate. Manages budget and controls expenses effectively. Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of care, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Creates pipeline - facilitates the prioritization and qualification of financially-viable opportunities.
- Oversees administrative expense management process for assigned SBU.
- Supports underwriting efforts and financial aspects of proposals for RFPs.
- Supports SBU leader in oversight and management of the financial affairs for all state contracts. Provides market analysis; builds knowledge of various programs/models, state prioritization tiers, etc.
- Oversees Magellan?s management of the annual independent audits, ensuring that the final independent audit reports are in compliance with regulations.
- Reviews and approve all contracts and other documents that financially impact the SBU.
- Monitors performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversees and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and modeling tools.
- Financial reporting as required.
- Improves performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supports senior management, department heads and business units with in-depth analysis. Prepares analysis and presentations supporting SBUs and leadership as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested by management team.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Finance - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/15/2019
Date Requisition Created3/12/2019
EducationBachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of healthcare or comparable professional experience with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Customer service focused with excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills and executive presence required.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to new issues/assignments as business needs change; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strategic mindset.
- This role may require direct contract negotiations of financial terms with external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and have a sales perspective are key requirements for success in this role.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you