PHCoE Program Manager
Silver Spring MD 20910
Job DescriptionThe Department of Defense, through the Psychological Health Centers of Excellence facilitates care for service members with TBI and Psychological health issues. The Assistant Program Manager (APM) supports the PHCoE Program Manager with project management, task tracking, data management, coordination activities, communications and other functions. The DPM also supports the work of the PHCoE Outreach Communications Consultants and Outreach team. As an on-site assignment the DPM also integrates with and supports PHCoE leadership and centers. The position requires an individual with well developed skills in communications, project management, coordinating teams to complete projects, agenda setting, creating reports and tracking data and public relations. Extensive understanding of Military culture and protocols with Military experience or significant experience working in a Military service environment are required.
Provides administrative support to the Program Manager for reporting, tasker completion, deliverable completion, presentations, contract management, communications, scheduling and other functions.
Maintains onsite presence at PHCoE as part of Magellan Federal team. Build and maintain rapport with PHCoE representatives. Acts as Liaison between PHCoE and Magellan. Maintains high level of customer service to be measured by feedback from customer and oversight from Program Manager.
Assists with completion of various meetings, both for PHCoE and internal for Magellan, coordination for all activities related to the DCoE Chaplains’ working group as needed, assistance with completion of taskers and other required reports and creation and assistance on new projects as assigned by the PHCoE Project Manager.
Onsite presence at all PHCoE meetings where we need a presence, onsite meetings with POCs that come to PHCoE about program, all hands meetings and other required meetings.
Onsite presence for MTF VTCs, some in-person briefings as appropriate and conference and Yellow Ribbon attendance including logistics memos and after action reports for events.
Assists with inventory tracking, ordering materials, creating packages for shipment to events, updates of websites and oversight for other projects as requested by Program Manager
Coordinates projects and tasks with onsite team members at PHCoE in order to complete work requirements. Responsible for gathering data from team members to finish necessary projects assigned. Direct supervision to other team members provided only by Program Manager.
General Job Information
TitlePHCoE Program Manager
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/12/2019
Date Requisition Created3/12/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered., Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Mental Health Services (Required), Bachelors: Public Health (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Mental Health or Public Health is required.
- 5-8 years' experience in Project Management.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior writing, editing, analytical and proofreading abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and portable document format (PDF) applications. Advanced web-based communication skills required.
- Must have ability to motivate others to collaborate.
- Strong command of the English language required.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Embraces and excels in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with an ability to maintain critical and strategic thinking and consultation skills. Flawless execution is a priority.
- Must be able to present information and materials in a professional manner, ensuring information was appropriately portrayed.
- Must be eligible for DoD security clearance and secret clearance.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Prior military experience with specialties of management, coordination, event planning, public speaking, development and maintaining reports.
- Knowledge of military health care, health insurance, mental health and substance abuse issues and preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled