Home Visitor, NPSP
Fort Drum NY 13602 Fed5 Conway Road
Job DescriptionProvide support to all eligible Families with expectant parents and parents of children from birth to 3 years of age. This program seeks to support young military Families which directly contribute to military mission readiness, support Family members’ adaptation to military life, enhance the knowledge and skills for healthy relationships that can provide safe, nurturing environments for children to prevent family violence. Provide activities and services including information and referrals, parenting programs, respite care for children, and supervised play time for children. Families with children prenatal to 3 years old who have been assessed as being at risk for child maltreatment and/or Family violence can benefit from additional, more-intensive support from these services.
- Provides effective, timely and confidential services for Families who have been assessed as being at risk for child maltreatment and/or Family violence.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of client information.
- Identifies and reports suspected child abuse and neglect and domestic abuse.
- Assesses developmental milestones and referral procedures for indicators of special needs or developmental delays.
- Assesses and strengthening adaptation to parenthood.
- Assesses and strengthening parental capacity for problem-solving, building and sustaining trusting relationships, and seeking help when necessary.
- Promotes developmentally appropriate parenting skills and disciplinary techniques, and parent and child communication skills.
- Facilitates informal and formal community networks to build positive relationships and reduce social isolation.
- Develops relationships with local community and military installation officials and organizations that can maximize program effectiveness.
- Utilizes community-based services and formal and informal community networks to provide concrete support for families who may be in crisis.
- Utilizes methods for screening for, assessing, and addressing protective and risk factors associated with child abuse and neglect using a strengths-based Family centered developmental approach.
- Keeps tracking system up to date with case status.
- Participates in monthly conference calls and annual training events.
General Job Information
TitleHome Visitor, NPSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/13/2019
Date Requisition Created3/13/2019
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required), Masters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Qualified candidates must have at least two (2) years of direct work experience in child abuse or domestic abuse, or maternal or child health or medical social work.
- Must hold a current and active license as an LCSW, LMFT or RN.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers must possess a current, valid, unrestricted clinical license and a master’s degree in Social Work to practice social work independently.
- Registered Nurses must have at least a bachelor’s degree in nursing, a current unrestricted license in one of the States or U.S. territories, and at least two (2) years of direct work experience with child abuse or domestic abuse, maternal or child health, public/community health, or mental health.
- Must have home visitation experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have working knowledge of basic computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel programs.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Working under time pressure.
- Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to enter private homes that may or may not provide easy access for those with physical disabilities or those recovering from physical rehabilitation or post-recovery mobility.
- Position requires ability to transport self from office locations to private homes, other offices and facilities where training and other program activities occur.
- Professionally-related experience working with military families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and possess strong interpersonal communication skills necessary to relate to families (parents and children) from varied backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and small groups.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you