Senior Director, Clinical Account Services
Job DescriptionManages the overall clinical services delivered to customers and various pharmacy benefit programs, including all activities associated with clinical account management in support of innovative Medicaid pharmacy benefit management. This includes clinical and utilization management, mac operations, analysis, financial management, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance, ensuring customers reduce expenses and improve care.
- Supervises staff including Clinical Services Managers, Clinical Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and the MAC operations manager.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all clinical pharmacy client activities including pharmacy benefit management solutions and services.
- Oversees, mentors and guides achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual projections based on financial and management objectives.
- Serves as SME for Clinical Services for all new business RFPs, enlisting help from other SMEs as needed.
- Oversees, mentors and supports leadership of pharmacy program implementation including new clients, product extensions, and other important clinical initiatives.
- Designs, implements, monitors and provides appropriate feedback on metrics based performance measurement tools.
- Drives marketing opportunities through market research, upsell across product lines and mentoring of all levels of customer clinical services.
- Maintains currency with clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature and attending in-services, seminars, and conferences.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Clinical Account Services
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/7/2019
Date Requisition Created3/7/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Possess a strong knowledge base in Medicaid PBM.
- Possess the necessary customer service and supervisory/management skills and/or experience to supervise the clinical pharmacy services aspects for customers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you