Wounded Ill and Injured Cell Coordinator
Randolph AFB TX 78108 Fed 550 C Street West
Job DescriptionThe WII Coordinator supports WII enrollments and coordinates with the Team Lead and Recovery Team to provide referrals to the WII Cell staff.
- Supports WII enrollments and coordinates with the Team Lead and Recovery Team to provide referrals to the WII Cell staff.
- Fields program enrollment and eligibility information from multiple sources, reviews/assesses applications for enrollment and assigns eligible Airmen to a designated case manager, creating the DoD-CMS case.
- Processes Emergency Family Member Travel (EFMT) orders for the families of Airmen in the WII program.
- Collects and reports program metrics and trains Family Liaison Officers (FLO).
General Job Information
TitleWounded Ill and Injured Cell Coordinator
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/8/2019
Date Requisition Created3/8/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- HS Diploma.
- 2-4 years’ experience as an administrative specialist/personal assistant.
- Committed to the importance of quality.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to access needs and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively support multiple, concurrent priorities.
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
Working under time pressure.Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
Ability to perform under stress.
Reading and comprehension skills.
Problem solving ability.
Ability to handle confidentiality.
Customer contact skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled