Family Life Program Educator
Joint Base San Antonio TX 78234 Fed3 2490 Stanley Rd, Bldg 367
Job DescriptionProvides program education and administrative services to include researching, developing, marketing, and conducting skill based classes for persons eligible for support programs at Joint Base San Antonio. Educational courses promote the growth and safety of military families by focusing on improving skills in personal relationships, parenting, and aspects of military family living, coping with work and home stressors, anger management and effective communication. The program is designed to improve interpersonal relationship though these educational classes.
- Coordinates outreach programs to include coordinating with on and off post agencies.
- Maintains and updates existing curriculum and related course materials.
- Supports special events and assesses training and education needs.
- Develops monthly educational calendar.
General Job Information
TitleFamily Life Program Educator
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/7/2019
Date Requisition Created3/7/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field.
- Two years’ experience teaching/instructing in a group setting.
- Two years’ experience with the identification and reporting of abuse.
- Familiar with military culture and terminology a plus.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels
- Willing to travel within an estimated 50 mile radius of the assigned installation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled