Senior Software Engineer (ETL)
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job Description- Expert at data integration with RDBMS, Big Data and has relevant experience with various OS, network and storage concepts.
- Experience in defining the architecture and road-map on data movement tools of Informatica / Snaplogic etc.
- Will drive new initiatives, conducts POC's and evaluates other products for seamless integration.
- Role requires a strong data centric and solutioning background that can work with IT Architects and IT Analysts to break down a complex system into smaller components. Prior data modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience working with stakeholders in understanding their requirements, translating that to mapping specification and construct solution.
- Experience performing data modeling and design.
- Looking for candidate with out of box thinking with T-shaped skills who has tremendous appetite to constantly learn new tools/technologies.
- Has good exposure to cloud for IaaS and SaaS
- 5-7 years of experience using ETL tools including a minimum of 2 years designing, building and deploying software solutions on the cloud, preferably AWS.
- Experience with analytical/reporting tools for visualization is a plus.
- Experience in healthcare is a plus, but is not required.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Provides technical leadership for the portfolio of applications managed by an IT Service Owner.
- Drives the usability and quality of the software developed within the area.
- Ensures technical currency is maintained within the applications within the portfolio.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a senior Technical Leader.
- Coaches and mentors other software engineers across teams on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
- Designs highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning.
- Reviews and implement corrective and preventive measures based on metrics across portfolio of applications including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Software Engineer (ETL)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/27/2019
Date Requisition Created2/15/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of related experience including experience working with Agile Methods and modern programming environments.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you