Family Advocacy Intervention Specialist (FAIS), FAP EAST
Barksdale AFB LA 71110 Fed 243 Curtiss Rd
Job DescriptionThe FAIS functions as the FAP prevention facilitator and coordinator in addition to providing primary treatment services for assigned maltreatment and FAST cases, coordinating services for families and monitoring client participation and progress utilizing the modalities of social casework, and for psychotherapy and psycho-educational interventions.
- Directs the development and implementation of prevention services.
- Provides community behavioral health education.
- Provides family violence education.
- Provides prevention training (annually, to new personnel and leadership personnel).
- Provides resource finding and service linking.
- Provides prevention program interventions to promote protective factors and to address maltreatment risk factors.
General Job Information
TitleFamily Advocacy Intervention Specialist (FAIS), FAP EAST
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/1/2019
Date Requisition Created3/1/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- U.S. licensed clinical Social Worker.
- Master’s degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree experience (within the last three years) in professional clinical counseling service programs to men, women, and children who are abusive or abused.
- Must also have experience as a group therapy facilitator or co-leader.
- Two years’ experience working with children, families, and groups in clinical or community organization settings; or as program manager, with demonstrated responsibilities in program planning with implementation of education and intervention services, and community collaboration.
- Experience working with professionals and agencies that provide community support and counseling intervention services to children and families.
- Before starting work, FAP personnel working with MTFs shall provide proof of immunization from the following diseases according to CDC guidelines: Hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and influenza, and proof of a negative TB skin test (completed within the past 12 months (if positive, proof of negative chest X-ray within the past 12 months) prior to start of work).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled