Senior Test Automation Engineer
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of test automation framework, tools and automated test suites and for researching, recommending, and integrating software testing technologies.
- Creates, reviews and maintains automated software test suites and tools.
- Coordinates and performs automation projects from initiation through delivery.
- Ensures automation projects are completed on schedule.
- Implements automation solutions using appropriate programming tools.
- Establishes and maintains communication with manual testers and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for enhancements and new applications.
- Designs data repository and testing tools that will be used to organize and analyze test results.
- Queries data bases to extract information needed to develop reports.
- Compiles data and other information from multiple data sources.
- Acts as a support resource for users of software quality tools.
- Performs and monitor test execution and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools.
- Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Assists more senior team members in maintaining test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Trains and supports QA testing team in developing, integrating and executing automated application testing tools.
- Researches tools, methods and technology trends to support testing objectives.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Test Automation Engineer
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/13/2018
Date Requisition Created4/13/2018
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Software delivery experience including Agile Methods.
- Hands-on coding experience.
- Bachelor or Associate degree courses in Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Information Design, Mathematics or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and problem solving tools/techniques.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with analytical programming languages such as SQL.
- Ability to develop process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of Agile Methods.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled