VP Customer Care I
Job DescriptionThis role maintains a high level of oversight, accountability and leadership for customer care functions and operations for current and future sites. This position works in concert with the SVP of Operations to ensure customer needs are met.
- Full ownership and accountability for all accounts, end to end business process and customer care activity including communicating directly with account management, health plan designees, providers and members on authorization issues.
- Accountable for ensuring successful customer care operations across multiple sites.
- Participates in maintenance of operational requirements for existing clients through proactive planning, problem solving and root cause analysis, and continuous monitoring of Quality Improvement processes.
- Oversees management staff within the customer care team.
- Accountable for budget planning, forecasting and key performance metrics.
- Provides innovative solutions in support of a service delivery culture.
- Communicates directly with account management, clients and members on key operational issues.
- Develops, implements and manages solutions related to customer expectations and concerns.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the growth and expansion of call center in line with corporate goals.
- Coordinates and plans staffing needs and scheduling strategies for the entire call center department in conjunction with the workforce planning team.
- Responsible for meeting customer performance guarantees and metrics; ensures that productivity objectives for the non-clinical operations teams are achieved.
- Works closely with strategic operations regarding implementation, process improvement initiatives, cost of care, project management, etc.
- Liaisons with quality for audits, issues, etc.
- Continuously provides feedback and suggestions for effective user maintenance and improvement of clinical and operations systems.
- Manages other projects and programs as directed by management.
General Job Information
TitleVP Customer Care I
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/1/2019
Date Requisition Created3/1/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesExcellent analytical, planning, problem solving, decision-making, presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to use information to identify key issues, cause-effect relationships, organize and present information quickly and concisely. Ability to accomplish high-level interface effectively with external clients, as well as intra-department contacts; highly collaborative. Experience effectively managing large teams in multiple sites.Minimum of 10 years operations management in a high volume, multi-site Call Center environment; 7+ years in a production office environment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More