Business Intelligence Associate
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 100
Job DescriptionAssists with business intelligence objectives including reporting requirements elicitation, wireframing dashboards and scorecards, development, and participating in the design and architecture of business intelligence and analytics solutions according to provided specifications.
- Assists with the creation of solutions that provide accurate information quickly to the organization. Analyze, design and build reports, dashboards or other business intelligence components as assigned.
- Assists in the creation of data resources/assets as needed.
- Trains and mentors user communities on use of business intelligence and analytical tools; such as, self-service capabilities and standard report packages.
- Assists in applying defined standards and best practices to all assignments. Seeks to improve understanding through partnership with other members of the team on the purpose of standards and best practices in order to be able to contribute on future best practices and standards as they evolve.
- Evaluates technology that is being considered for use within the organization and provides assessment of these technologies for future consideration. Conducts reviews of products and solutions using business intelligence, analytics or data visualization technologies.
- Reviews incoming projects to determine if existing technologies could be used to either do the job better or guide the development staff in the direction of fully utilizing existing or alternate technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence Associate
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/25/2019
Date Requisition Created2/25/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Bachelors: Statistics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prior experience using data warehousing and/or ETL technologies.
- Demonstrated abilities in various forms of data modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- Prior experience working with data and reports for decision making or analytical purposes.
- Experience working with end users and customers, preferably with training and demonstrating solution capabilities.
- Experience implementing new technological solutions in a business setting.
- Prefer experience using multiple databases or data platforms and business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization tools.
- Master Data Management, Data Stewardship, or Data Governance experience.
- Experience with business operations systems, particularly those that may be in use in a Pharmacy Benefit Management setting (Claims Processing, Prior Authorization, Telephony, Membership, etc.).
Consideration will be given as to the candidate's proficiency and ability to contribute in the role based upon the following:
- Professional/related publications written and/or contributed to
- Contributions to Blogs
- Technical certifications such as those offered by SAS, IBM, Microsoft
- Disciplinary certifications such as Scrum, Project Management Institute (PMI), Business Analysis
A bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer and information sciences or similar is required. Will substitute an additional five or more years of direct experience in business intelligence, data analytics or statistics in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2+ years of work experience in BI or related discipline, other employment or volunteer activities or demonstrated proficiency in Business Intelligence/Analytics project activities through successful initiatives that demonstrate competence that goes beyond what is typical of individuals with 2+ years of work experience.
Prior experience as a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst or Data Analyst supporting business intelligence, reporting, analytics or data warehouse projects.
Experience researching and implementing new information systems in a business setting.
Demonstrated ability to leverage Business Intelligence and data visualization tools to deliver business value; examples include, Cognos, SAS, R, Qlik, OracleBI and SQL Server Reporting Services/PowerBI, Micros Strategy, Tableau, etc.
Hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled