Job DescriptionInnovative business clinician accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships as well as leadership of the account teams within all assigned accounts. Charged with delivering results that demonstrate value to the customer, derived from identifying, demonstrating and selling valued pharmaceutical care and cost solutions that meet the desired outcomes of the customer; general management of the account, including P&L responsibility; and accountability for contract compliance. Accountable for developing and executing the strategic plan for their accounts in conjunction with sales and operations.
- Performs customer centric pharmacy services.
- Owns overall account satisfaction for all assigned accounts.
- Develops strong relationships with pharmacy department or designated customer contacts.
- Directs operations account manager in resolving customer service issues and actions supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Maintains knowledge in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring ongoing contract performance through risk management activities including assurance of Service Level Agreement performance, assurance of accuracy of claims payment and administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account's legal and regulatory environment.
- Creates and maintains partnerships with customers through the development, implementation and execution of strategic business plans that result in long term retention of profitable relationships.
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Demonstrates the value of pharmacy solutions (unit cost, utilization management & patient care enhancement).
- Identifies opportunities for additional services that address unmet customer needs.
- Provides clinical operations input and support of client specific claims processing programs, coordinates implementations of clinical projects and programs and provides support to client-specific Pharmacy and Therapeutics functions, DUR committees and responsibilities.
- Supports elevated customer service and prior authorization inquiries specific to assigned accounts.
- Manages financial aspects of account(s).
- Ensures revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses managed, and EBIDTA targets achieved for the assigned account(s).
- Ensures contract performance through risk management activities including such items as assurance of Service Level Agreement performance in Care Management Centers and Shared Services, assurance of claims accuracy payment/administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account's legal and regulatory environment.
- Develops opportunities: Seeks and identifies pharmacy products and service requirements based on a thorough understanding of each customer's strategic business goals and the strategic business direction of the product set.
- Aggressively drives up-sell of pharmacy program solutions through consultative methods and ensures flawless handoff to sales and relationship management for contract execution.
- Supports sales and account management in renewal activities related to assigned accounts.
- Manages talent: Accountable for identifying creative talent to serve the account, as well as retention of high performing team members.
- Ensures staff is trained and receive opportunities to learn new things.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacist Account Executive
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/14/2019
Date Requisition Created2/14/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), Masters: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities-Current U.S. Pharmacist license.+5 years experience in pharmacy, managed care or PBM with 2 years experience in a leadership role.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you