Network Development Specialist
Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionResponsible for soliciting the participation of practitioners, facilities and other behavioral health service providers to establish networks that support adequacy requirements. Serves as a communication link between prospective providers and the organization. Provides input on strategic plan for the development of the network, and conducts focused recruitment activities. Coordinates with Network Development and Management and Network Project Managers to ensure quality and accurate recruitment of providers in support of expansion and sales opportunities.
- Recruits providers in expansion areas by conducting outbound calls and mailings to potential providers.
- Ensures completed provider credentialing material is loaded into the online document management tool and processed in a timely manner.
- Maintains recruitment tracker updates, ensuring accurate reporting of the network build progress.
- Assists Project Managers with the identification of available providers and analysis of available provider data.
- Negotiates new provider contracts and rates.
- Participates in recruitment blitzes as needed for assured network growth.
General Job Information
TitleNetwork Development Specialist
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/26/2019
Date Requisition Created2/26/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMinimum 3 years network management experience with managed care knowledge of provider networks, information systems, and/or clinical services.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled