Distance Learning Specialist, CSF2
Arlington VA 22202 Fed3 2530 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionThe Distance Learning Specialist focuses on training the force on capabilities that provides, and manages resources required effectively and efficiently.
- Delivers training to WTU Cadre and Staff and it may include Soldiers in the WTU and Families.
- Acts as a training policy developer/advisor on long-range planning, policies, and procedures relating to the core functions of all training programs and initiatives (face-to-face and distance learning).
- Designs and implements synchronous and asynchronous courses using current multimedia e-learning supportive tools.
- Delivers instruction via Blackboard Learn 9.1 and Adobe Connect (or similar systems).
- Provides support for geographically displaced professional adult learners.
- Facilitates the development and modification of learning products, to include presentation slides, instructor and learner guides, quick reference materials, tutorials, interactive exercises, and webinars/podcasts.
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates the effectiveness and usability of learning products, as well as plan, develop and conduct training classes and workshops.
General Job Information
TitleDistance Learning Specialist, CSF2
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/22/2019
Date Requisition Created2/22/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience as a distance education developer is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) or a related discipline or have an advanced training certificate from a recognized training organization or an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of six years of training experience to include the application of Instructional Systems Design (ISD), execution of job task analyses, design and development of training curricula, course materials, training evaluation systems and instruments, and instructing/facilitating classroom training for adult learners.
- Experience as a distance learning coordinator, education technician, or a distance learning specialist.
- Three years of experience working with the military is also preferred but not required.
- Expert analytical, communication, and research skills, and a successful track record of creating engaging course materials for both classroom and online instruction.
- Familiar with the Blackboard Learning Management System 9.1 and all Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint, and proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of software authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, Presenter or Moodle), and familiarity with the ADDIE model and Kirkpatrick's approach to learning and training evaluation and experience working with adult learners.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled