Job DescriptionThe Marketing Outreach Specialist must reside in the AHCA Region 4 as they will work remotely and travel to provide outreach services in Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, St Johns, and Volusia County, Florida. Prefer a licensed 240 Health Agent with the state of Florida Department of Financial Services
Responsible for the development and implementation of community outreach programs to develop and retain health plan membership. Collaborates on the development of strategic plans for growth, within assigned territories, regions or communities that nurture and retain positive relationships between the health plan, members and caregivers, the community, and provider organizations. Provides information about health plan services. Organizes and attends community events and health fairs. Serves as the liaison to community organizations. Conducts member, community and organizational trainings. Completes face-to-face outreach. Ensures compliance with all state and federal marketing requirements.
• Drives membership growth by leveraging community relationships and developing opportunities to present and educate in front of potential members, caregivers and other interested parties.
• Develops and implements promotional plans for new outreach opportunities. Distributes educational and promotional materials to community and provider organizations. Presents the Company history and offerings in group settings. Consistently achieves member growth while meeting quality performance standards.
• Attends provider and community meetings and participates in special projects. Collaborates with multiple departments, including peers, business development, marketing, network contracting, and provider liaison teams.
• Participates as a member of the Marketing team in developing and implementing strategies. Develops and implements promotional plan for new outreach opportunities.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of health programs. May act as a subject expert on Medicaid programs and benefits for internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops an engagement plan for assigned territory (such as community based organizations, service agencies, housing, food pantries, churches etc.), and cultivates relationships and identifies potential collaboration opportunities.
• Plans and implements territory monthly action plan and consistently meets and/or exceeds outreach targets. Produces summary reports on outreach activities.
• Participates in cross functional teams and quality improvement initiatives.
• Identifies, develops and maintains strategic relationships with community contacts and organizations to pursue outreach engagements for multiple regions. Distributes written material to community and provider organizations.
• Plans, executes and participates at community events, educational, outreach and other health related events.
• Schedules and facilitates marketing events, both formal and informal, with members and prospective members that meets the contractual requirements.
Identifies and attends community and health events.
Identifies and coordinates outreach activities and necessary materials at community and health events.
Organizes staff and other resources in the participation and the support of select community events and activities.
Responsible for post-event follow up and maintenance of relationships for future and recurring events.
General Job Information
TitleMarketing Outreach Specialist
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/18/2019
Date Requisition Created2/18/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 2+ years of community outreach experience with 1 year working with government-sponsored population, particularly Medicare and Medicaid.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exhibit sensitivity towards the target population including experiences caring for seniors.
- Florida state employees are required to have a current 2-40 Health Insurance License or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire date.
- Community Health Worker, Social Work or certificate of peer support training from a consumer advocacy organization preferred.
- Bi or Multilingual.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you