Job DescriptionResponsible for working with business unit leaders and BI consumers to identify reporting and analytical requirements, independently develop business requirement documents, technical and functional specifications, and work with BI developers to interpret specifications for product development.
The Sr. IT Analyst will ensure that standards for data definition, data extraction and transformation are followed. Will be serving as a critical liaison between the BI development team and the business user community and will be a primary driver in the adoption of BI systems by the business.
- Minimum of 5 years business systems analysis and business intelligence experience
- Experience reading SQL or performing basic queries.
This position will analyze, evaluate and redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Work quickly and independently while delivering high-quality outputs. Use strong organizational skills for tracking multiple deliverables simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results. Pay meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar. Collaborate with Software Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and ensure highest quality product delivery. Develop deep understanding of the business/technical domain as a business systems analyst.
- Independently participate in requirements documentation, systems configuration and defining/execution of acceptance criteria. Document issues and participate in their resolution.
- Work closely with development and business teams to understand business requirements.
- Translate business needs into high-level technical specifications and design. Identify gaps and ensure deployment of solutions.
- Support business-critical systems using mature IT and software engineering practices.
- Develop, deploy, and execute test strategies.
- Work with team to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Work closely with cross functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new tools and process, and provide ongoing support to these teams.
- Test applications and products at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
- Develop deep understanding of the applications that he/she/they support.
- Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
General Job Information
TitleSenior IT Business Analyst - SQL
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/13/2019
Date Requisition Created12/20/2018
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 2+ years related experience including developing requirements, designing and executing test cases in IT
- Experience with QA methodology and problem solving techniques/tools.
- Detail-oriented person who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new technology offered to customers.
- Demonstrated software testing experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle several tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
- Experience with analytical programming languages such as SQL.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience with process flow diagrams.
- Experience with applying Agile Methods.
- Experience with Problem Solving Techniques.
- Hands-on experience running queries and creating reports.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you