Job DescriptionAfter training, this position can be remote with 1-2 days in the Richmond, VA office or more as needed.
The Quality Review Nurse assists with the resolution of potential quality of care issues. Reviews documentation and interprets data obtained from clinical records to apply appropriate level in line with regulatory and accreditation requirements for potential quality issues. Documents and summarizes for health plan leadership the issues, recommended course of action and the results.
- Reviews all sentinel events and member concerns reported for potential quality of care issues.
- Coordinates reviews with physician advisors and committees as appropriate .
- Assists with development of process to maintain ongoing assessment and evaluation of provider site complaints, medical record keeping standards, continuity and coordination of care standards and clinical guidelines in support of QI activities, in accordance with NCQA standards, including the approval process, distribution, data collection, analysis and revisions as necessary.
- Maintains database to support trending and reporting of adverse outcomes resulting from clinical care provided.
- Provides reports and analysis for monthly/quarterly trending and presents to the plan’s Quality committee to obtain input, recommendations and approval.
- Assists with the development of data collection tools in accordance with state, federal and accreditation standards.
- Conducts chart review to determine if a potential quality issue has occurred.
- Prepares and presents results that include analysis and trending to plan leadership.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans as needed per policy guidelines.
- Maintains documentation in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Conducts analysis both quarterly and annually on the Plan’s efforts to improve the safety of our members.
- Completes annual medical record review activities including HEDIS and Clinical Practice Guidelines development and review.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleQuality Review RN
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/18/2019
Date Requisition Created2/11/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading significant cross-functional work
- Excellent knowledge of HEDIS, NCQA, Medicare Stars and Medicaid
- Conceptual and in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Ability to manage relationships with an emphasis on internal and external mid-level relationships
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization, including working with executive audiences, vendors and the government as a customer
- Demonstrated ability to select and implement strategies that are most likely to be successful
- Minimum five years experience in managed care
- Internal audit experience
- Registered Nurse, or appropriate clinical licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related discipline
- Five plus years of experience in quality management
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare industry standards, HEDIS and NCQA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to interact effectively with business owners, senior management, and peers across the organization
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you