Sr. Director, Operations
Orlando FL 32819
Job DescriptionThis position would be responsible for the overall management of a health plan, including oversight of clinical and administrative operations. This includes the areas of clinical, member retention, customer service, network, claims, information technology, reporting, vendor management and shared services oversight.
- Ensures service delivery while implementing and transitioning to new process and technology strategies to reduce administrative cost structure.
- Manages care spend. Responsible for all cost of care strategies/initiatives.
- Drives quality management initiatives and interfaces with corporate quality area.
- Directs customer-specific, cross-functional projects in conjunction with various departments to develop and implement innovative, value-added solutions.
- Provides oversight of health plan vendors in partnership with corporate resources.
- Actively engages in business development process to expand our presence state, both within existing and in new, emerging markets.
- Provides oversight of operations functions, including mail, facilities, telecom, IT, member retention/experience, member& provider portal, and infrastructure for new program implementations in expansion markets to ensure successful program execution.
- Provides oversight and serves as liaison with shared service operations, including claims, enrollment, encounters and contact centers. Monitors and reports on service level agreements.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Director, Operations
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/15/2019
Date Requisition Created2/15/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Managed care knowledge of data systems, database management, provider networks, claims payment and/or clinical services.
- Managed healthcare industry knowledge and demonstrated successful management of complex, interdependent functions.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control, and monitor large-scale, multi-functional project activities.
- Proven experience interacting with executive management and providing concise project reporting for board level review.
- Ability to perform basic financial and quantitative analysis.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of information systems, EDI, and e-health technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite, including Visio.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled