Financial Analyst I - St. Louis, MO
Missouri, Florida, Rhode Island
Job DescriptionPrimary responsibilities include analyzing costs, preparing financial reports and providing recommendations to leadership for lines of business according to established policies, guidelines and methodologies. Prepare journal entries and analyses in conjunction with month end close process and meet monthly deadlines.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports; provides accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Develops sophisticated financial models. Provides recommendations based upon evaluation of financial trends and forecasts.
- Evaluates and monitors the efficiency and performance of programs, ensuring program execution is on target.
- Manages dashboard reporting by tracking monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expenses.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of operating infrastructure of Strategic Business Unit(s) (SBUs) operations to be able to proactively analyze and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Regularly reviews historical operating results and proactively identifies and analyzes potential revenue enhancement and cost saving opportunities.
- Performs a variety of pro forma financial and operating analyses as requested to support proposals.
- Reviews and understands fluctuations across SBUs in delivering cost of care and variations in cost of care. Differentiates impact of rate versus utilization variations.
- Supports SBUs by providing information, responding to questions and resolving complex problems and issues.
- Other special projects as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleFinancial Analyst I - St. Louis, MO
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/12/2019
Date Requisition Created2/12/2019
EducationBachelors: Accounting (Required), Bachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets and frame it to actionable analysis.
- Understanding of the financial structure and business practices of the managed care industry.
- Strong PC skills are essential, with advanced skills in Excel and Hyperion Essbase or other large enterprise financial software.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you