Senior Healthcare Informatics Analyst - St. Louis, MO
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionDesign, document, develop and rollout financial, clinical and utilization analyses using a variety of computing tools (e.g. SQL, Excel). Perform adhoc analyses that will vary in duration and complexity - it will be expected that the candidate can balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of quality. This position has the responsibility to participate and/or lead in defining the issues to be studied as well as the methodology to be used in addressing these issues.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and data mining of healthcare claims and authorizations data.
- Design, document, develop and rollout financial, clinical and utilization analyses using a variety of computing tools (e.g. SQL, Excel).
- Perform adhoc analyses that will vary in duration and complexity.
- Participate in defining issues to be studied as well as the methodology to be used in addressing these issues.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current project?s progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Coordinates/mentors analytic efforts performed by in- house staff or outside consultants to ensure that all work is completed according to the project plan.
- Interpret results and preparation of data findings in easily understandable format for varying levels of the organization.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Healthcare Informatics Analyst - St. Louis, MO
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/11/2019
Date Requisition Created2/4/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities3+ years of transact-SQL (MS SQL or Oracle) experienceMasters degree in technical or analytic field (e.g. computer science, statistics); Understanding of CPT and ICD-9 codes preferred; strong oral and written communication skills; and interest in healthcare and a passion to make a difference; effective listening and communication skills; ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. Ability to work under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret results of query analyses. Ability to develop and communicate analytic results to support business questions; must be capable of translating complex IT and computer concepts to unfamiliar users of the information at the executive level.Experience working with normalized and denormalized data structures; experience with SAS, SPSS and/or other data mining tools. Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to complex business problems. Experience with healthcare medical and pharmacy claims data manipulation and analysis
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”